Music at Your Event
BEFORE THE EVENT
Schedule a walk through of Cheney Mansion at least two weeks prior to the event if you are unfamiliar with the facility.
CHENEY MANSION POLICIES
- Amplified music is allowed on all three floors and limited outdoors. The rooms in Cheney Mansion create a very bright sound, and a minimum of amplification and speakers are necessary.
- As Cheney Mansion is located in a residential neighborhood, reasonable amplified music is allowed outside with prior written approval for events on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Outdoor music for events on Friday and Saturday must end at 10:00 p.m. Minimal amplified music will be allowed outdoors for events on Sunday. Outdoor music for events on Sunday must end at 9:00 p.m.
- Cheney management retains the right to control volume. Please keep sound to a reasonable level.
- Cheney Mansion has a Sonos sound and speaker system located in the house with some capacity to move specific speakers outdoors.
- Bands and DJ’s using the third floor must load in and out all equipment through the side service entrance located off the alley on the north side driveway.
- All items must be hand carried up the stairs. There is no elevator nor are hand trucks allowed.
- The back stairway through the kitchen is used to access the third floor dance room. The Cheney Mansion Supervisor must approve use of main staircase for set up prior to the event start time. After unloading, your vehicles must be moved to on-street parking. Please leave parking spaces on Euclid Avenue in front of the mansion for guests.
- Equipment set-up is allowed only during the allotted two hour event set-up time. Any tables, chairs, or linens needed by the musicians/DJs must be requested in advance.
- Any special lighting, props or set-up must be approved by the Cheney Mansion Supervisor, and must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Fog machines are not allowed.
END OF THE EVENT
- All indoor music is to conclude ½ hour prior to the scheduled end of the event (Example: If event ends at 11 pm, music must end at 10:30pm. Please confirm event time with Mansion before signing your contract.) Outdoor music end time requirements are identified above and need to be strictly followed.
- All vendors must vacate the Mansion no later than 11:30 pm on the weekends, 10:30 pm on weeknights. Cheney Mansion is not responsible for any equipment left on the premises.